In this article we will take a look at some of the best chosen desktop police scanner . We would recommend using Uniden BC365CRS 500 Channel Scanner and Alarm Clock with Snooze, Sleep, and FM Radio with Weather Alert, Search Bands Commonly used for Police, Fire/EMS, Aircraft, Radio, and Marine Transmissions as it is our top pick for you
Top 3 desktop police scanner – Our Picks
Top best desktop police scanner Review:
Uniden BC365CRS 500 Channel Scanner and Alarm Clock with Snooze, Sleep, and FM Radio with Weather Alert, Search Bands Commonly used for Police, Fire/EMS, Aircraft, Radio, and Marine Transmissions
10 used from $73.10
- Includes 500 channels in 10 Banks for scanning local public safety and other interesting frequencies.
- Easily search bands commonly used for Police, Fire/EMS, Aircraft, Amateur Radio, and Marine transmissions.
- Built-in FM radio with 30 FM presets, lets you listen to your local radio stations.
- Built in Alarm Clock lets you wake to your favorite FM station, a weather channel, or scanning. Also has Snooze and Sleep.
- Weather Scan with Alert, listen to local weather conditions and be alerted when hazardous conditions arise.
Whistler WS1025 Analog Desktop Scanner (Black)
- Lock-out Function - skip over specified channels or frequencies when scanning or searching
- Tune - find new and unlisted frequencies starting from a specified frequency
- Priority Channel - set the scanner to check one channel every two seconds while scanning
- Scan Delay - delays scanning for two seconds before moving to another channel in order to hear replies
- PC programmable - allows users to backup data, update database and program scanner directly from a PC
Whistler TRX-2 Desktop Digital Scanner
- The TRX-2 detects and masks digital voice audio, and decodes RadioID/TalkgroupID data embedded in voice packets.
- Easy to Understand User Interface
- The Complete Radio Reference USA and Canada Database On Micro SD Card
- Improved P25 Functionality
- Upgradeable CPU Firmware, DSP Firmware and Library
Whistler WS1025 Analog Desktop Radio Scanner
- 200-channel memory stores favorite frequencies in 10 separate storage banks
- Service banks easily locate types of calls by searching preprogrammed frequencies in separate marine, fire/police, aircraft, ham & weather banks
- SKYWARN provides instant access to frequencies used by storm spotter networks to monitor storm conditions as they occur prior to the media or emergency management officials announcing them to the general public
- Backlit LCD provides easy-to-read displays & assists programming data even in low-light situations
Whistler WS1065 Desktop Digital Scanner,Black
1 used from $520.00
- Menu Driven Programming with Context Sensitive Help - Each menu item provides a few lines of help text that provide assistance with programming and using the scanner
- Scan List-functionality allows you to arrange, group and scan objects according to your preference. Memory Backup - Frequencies remain stored in memory for an extended time even without batteries.
- Free-Form Memory Organization - Allocation of memory dynamically and efficiently as it is needed. This differs from low cost and older scanners that had memory organized in rigid and wasteful memory banks
- Skywarn Storm Spotter Function - Instant access to frequencies used by storm spotter networks. Multi-System Trunking. Tune - Find new and unlisted frequencies starting from a specified frequency
- Digital AGC - Instantly compensates for low user audio levels that are common on digital systems
- Find nearby scanners in your area, sorted by distance.
- Search for scanners near any town or city in the country.
- Listen in the background while using other apps on your phone.
- Adjust the sound with built-in equalizer and amplifier effects.
- Set a custom sleep timer to preserve your phone's battery life.
Uniden BCD996P2 Digital Mobile TrunkTracker V Scanner, 25,000 Dynamically Allocated Channels, Close Call RF Capture Technology, 4-Line Alpha display, Base/Mobile Design, Phase 2, Location-Based Scanning
2 used from $339.99
- Uniden's BCD996P2 Digital Base/Mobile Scanner is a full-featured design with the serious hobbyist in mind. With an advanced digital decoding system and large memory bank, the Bearcat BCD996P2 scanner is an extremely powerful and useful Public Safety scanner.
- The BCD996P2 comes equipped with Uniden exclusive features like Advanced Dynamic Memory System, Close Call RF Capture Technology, and GPS compatibility. It includes support for digital systems, including the latest APCO Project 25 Phase II systems.
- Stay safe and informed with state of the art NOAA weather access and S.A.M.E. weather alerts that warn you of severe conditions in your area.
- This mobile scanner radio offers 25,000 channels an advanced dynamic memory system, TrunkTracker V technology, and more. Enjoy location-based scanning and location alerts by connecting the BCD996P2 to an optional GPS receiver so you can stay informed when you’re on the go.
- Included in the Box: BCD996P2 Scanner, AC Power Adapter, Vehicle Accessory Power Cord, Three-Wire Harness, Mounting Bracket and Hardware, Antenna, Owner’s Manual, APP Form, FREQ Form, other printed materials, and USB Cable.
Uniden BCD536HP HomePatrol Series Digital Phase 2 Base/Mobile Scanner with HPDB and Wi-Fi. Simple Programming, TrunkTracker V, S.A.M.E. Emergency/Weather Alert. Covers USA and Canada.
4 used from $439.99
- The BCD536HP continues Uniden's tradition of leading innovation. Home Patrol Programming makes it the easiest-to-program mobile professional scanner we've ever made.
- Plus, the Wi-Fi feature lets you use the exclusive Uniden Siren App on your smartphone or tablet to access your scanner from anywhere in your home or vehicle.
- The 536HP digital Trunk Tracker V is the first full mobile/desktop unit that requires no user programming. Simply turn it on, enter your zip code and Trunk Tracker V does the rest.
- This user friendly digital scanner will immediately begin receiving communications systems used by Public Safety, Police, Fire, EMS, Ambulance, Aircraft, Military, Weather, and more.
- This functionality is made possible by combining the rich radio system database from Radio Reference with Uniden's patented radio system selection methods to correctly identify and monitor only nearby systems in the USA and Canada.
Pass Your Amateur Radio General Class Test - The Easy Way: 2019-2023 Edition
3 used from $11.99
|Is Adult Product|
|Number Of Pages||176|
SAMSUNG (MB-ME32GA/AM) 32GB 95MB/s (U1) microSDHC EVO Select Memory Card with Full-Size Adapter
- Ideal for recording 4K UHD video: Samsung MicroSD Evo is perfect for high res photos, gaming, music, tablets, laptops, action cameras, dslr’s, drones, smartphones (Galaxy S10, S10+, S10e, S9, S9+, Note9, S8, S8+, Note8, S7, S7 Edge, etc.), Android Devices and more
- Ultra-fast read write speeds: Up to 95MB/S Read and 20MB/S Write Speeds; Uhs Speed Class U1 and Speed Class 10 (Performance may vary based on host device, interface, usage conditions, and other factors). Operating Voltage: 2.7-3.6V
- Built to last reliability: Shock proof memory card is also water proof, temperature proof, x ray proof and magnetic proof
- Extended compatibility: Includes full-size adapter for use in Cameras, Laptops and Desktop Computers
The best desktop police scanner brands
One of the things we suggest to most of our readers is to buy the desktop police scanner from a well-known brand. Good brands provide, good quality products, great customer support, and have service centers in different places around the country. Regarding the desktop police scanner I have a preference for the products of the brands listed below.
5 Things You need to consider when choosing the desktop police scanner in 2021
There are some things you should consider when buying a desktop police scanner. We spent 22 hours researching the most important things you should consider when buying a desktop police scanner. So should we start with the list of things you should consider?
1. Budget and price matching
Make a list of the things you want in your desktop police scanner and the price you are willing to pay for it. So try to look for a product in that price range and choose the one that appeals to you the most. One tip we would like to give you is: don’t settle for a cheaper product if it doesn’t even have a function you need.
Most desktop police scanners fall within the price range of $ 83.79 to $ 393.03. Therefore, if budget is not a problem and you want the best product for your needs, we advise you to choose the Uniden BC365CRS 500 Channel Scanner and Alarm Clock with Snooze, Sleep, and FM Radio with Weather Alert, Search Bands Commonly used for Police, Fire/EMS, Aircraft, Radio, and Marine Transmissions.
If you want something medium range, choose Whistler WS1025 Analog Desktop Radio Scanner. If you have a very low budget, you can choose the one that is the Uniden BCD996P2 Digital Mobile TrunkTracker V Scanner, 25,000 Dynamically Allocated Channels, Close Call RF Capture Technology, 4-Line Alpha display, Base/Mobile Design, Phase 2, Location-Based Scanning
2. Does it have all the features you need?
Most importantly, the desktop police scanner you are purchasing should have all the features you are looking for. In case you don’t even have one, don’t buy! We are saying this because you will not be able to use it for that purpose. If you are a person without budget problems, I would suggest you to choose the best model which is Uniden BCD996P2 Digital Mobile TrunkTracker V Scanner, 25,000 Dynamically Allocated Channels, Close Call RF Capture Technology, 4-Line Alpha display, Base/Mobile Design, Phase 2, Location-Based Scanning
3. The brand
Buying the desktop police scanner from a reputable brand can actually make sense. Not only will it be better than others in terms of “build quality”, but it will also have some extra features, better customer support. Famous brands have multiple service centers across the country, so if you have any problems you can simply take your desktop police scanner to one of their service centers.
4. Warranty Matters!
When you buy a desktop police scanner from a well-known brand, you will get a guarantee. Low-cost products also come with warranties, but the claim process could be tougher. That’s why I always suggest you buy the product from a reputed brand and the one that comes under warranty. It will save you from repair costs in the future. On average, around 21% of people end up paying 40% of the product price for the service! You can save on service costs if the product is under warranty!
5. Check out our website
On our website we have experts in all categories and no matter what the product is, we have a better review or list about it. The products on our list are based on expert picks, advice and hours of research. That’s why when you buy something that’s listed on our best list, you won’t regret it. However, there is a possibility that we may not have covered the product you might be interested in, but if you come across something like this, please let us know via comments or contact us.
What is the best desktop police scanner?
The best desktop police scanner is the one that has all the features that meet your needs. I think the best is Uniden BC365CRS 500 Channel Scanner and Alarm Clock with Snooze, Sleep, and FM Radio with Weather Alert, Search Bands Commonly used for Police, Fire/EMS, Aircraft, Radio, and Marine Transmissions
Are there any good deals on desktop police scanner?
In the offline market, you won’t find many offers. However, I have chosen the best desktop police scanner and have added links to Amazon which has deals and deals running on a regular basis.
What is the cheapest desktop police scanner?
Although most of the cheaper desktop police scanner do not have many features, but if you are looking for the best one at a low cost, my best bet would be on Uniden BCD996P2 Digital Mobile TrunkTracker V Scanner, 25,000 Dynamically Allocated Channels, Close Call RF Capture Technology, 4-Line Alpha display, Base/Mobile Design, Phase 2, Location-Based Scanning
Where can I buy the desktop police scanner?
There are several places where you can buy it, but in my opinion, when it comes to the online marketplace, I wouldn’t recommend anything other than Amazon. It’s because their service is great!
Why should you trust our website?
We have been in the review business for more than 15 years and our motive is to help people buy the top rated products at the best price. We went through 22 to help you find the best desktop police scanner
We hope you liked the desktop police scanners that we have listed in our best list. If it was helpful, bookmark our site and share it with people you know whenever they intend to buy something.
To conclude this guide,