This is the ultimate buyer’s guide to the Best vise . We would recommend using Yost Vises 5″ Heavy-Duty Bench Vise, Double Swivel Rotating Vise: Head Rotates 360° Vertically, Body Rotates 360° Horizontally In The Locking Swivel Base, (Model 750-E; 1-Pack) as it is our top pick for you
Top 3 vise – Our Picks
Best vise Review :
Yost Vises 5" Heavy-Duty Bench Vise, Double Swivel Rotating Vise: Head Rotates 360° Vertically, Body Rotates 360° Horizontally In The Locking Swivel Base, (Model 750-E; 1-Pack)
- Casting Clamp force: 7,000 lbs. and Torque rating: 165 Ft-Lb
- Durable Rotating head constructed in 60,000 PSI ductile iron, stationary body cast in 30,000 PSI cast (grey) iron
- Jaw Width: 5" (12.7CM) x Jaw Opening: 4-7/8" (12.4CM) x Throat Depth: 3" (7.6CM) x Pipe Capacity: 0.5"D x 2.5"D (1.3 x 6.4CM)
- 360 degrees Rotating Head For Clamping Material At Any Angle
- Large 3.2" x 2.5” (8.1CM x 6.3CM) anvil work surface for flat shaping
Wilton 1765 6-1/2" Tradesman Vise, 4" Throat (28807)
- ENCLOSED DESIGN: Keeps lubrication in and contaminants out for a lifetime of smooth operation
- REDESIGNED SPINDLE: Improves overall product life and durability
- PRECISION SLIDE BAR: Eliminates movement in the front jaw regardless of opened distance
- PREVENT MARRING: Reversible jaw inserts are serrated on one side for extra grip and smooth on the other to prevent marring on softer surfaces
- DURABILITY: Machined steel serrated jaws with phosphate coating provide increased durability and an extended life of use
Wilton WS8 Shop Vise, 8" Jaw Width and Opening, 4" Throat (63304)
- VERSATILITY: Great vise for home shops, light duty use, woodworking, and weekend projects.
- LARGE CAPACITY: Jaw width of 8 inches, and throat depth of 4 inches.
- DURABILITY: Features replaceable serrated top jaws, and rubber pinch-point safety guards.
- EASY POSTIONING: Full 360-degree swivel base has quick and easy positioning thanks to a double lockdown.
- PLENTY OF STRENGTH: 30,000 PSI iron castings for strength and durability.
Kurt DX6 Vise with 9" Opening, 6" Size, 4.360" Height, 7.391" Width, 16.810" Length, Blue
- New 4 bolt stationary jaw design reduces lift
- Larger, stronger and more durable bearing pack for longer life
- "Pull-Type" design reduces stress on body during clamping
- Redesigned nut is smaller, lighter and has a new brush seal design
- Has AngLock design and full 9" opening
Wilton 63302 6-Inch Shop Vise
- DURABILITY: Have castings with a 30,000 PSI gray cast iron body built for rugged use and extended life.
- SECURE HOLD: Capable of mounting to the bench with 4 mounting posts providing more stability and secure hold
- 360 DEGREE SWIVEL: Base can swivel 360 degrees with double lockdown for quick and easy positioning
- LIFETIME WARRANTY: Product is built to last. Wilton warrants every product they sell against manufacturers’ defects.
- PERFORMANCE: Has built-in pipe jaws handle various pipe sizes and rubber pinch safety guards
Wilton 550P Multi-Purpose Bench Vise, 5-1/2" Jaw Width (28824)
- QUICK SETUP: Indexed at 30 degree increments for quick set up
- STRONG GRIP: Replaceable hardened steel jaws with a serrated pattern ensure grip and a long life
- 360 DEGREE ROTATING HEAD: Can clamp material at any angle
- PERFORMANCE: Has built-in pipe jaws and a V-jaw to easily hold round objects vertically
YOST VISES LV-4 Home Vise 4-1/2" (1 Pack)"
6 used from $30.23
- Home Work Shop Vise, Woodworking, Assembly, General Maintenance
- Jaw Width: 4-1/2" (11.4Cm) X Jaw Opening: 3" (7.6Cm) X Throat Depth: 2.4" (6.1Cm)
- Holds 0. 6" D To 1. 85" D Pipes And Tubes (1. 5Cm X 4. 7Cm)
- 30, 000 Psi Cast Iron Construction, Blue Power Coat Finish
WILTON 880M, 8-Inch Mechanics Pro Vise, 8-1/2-Inch Jaw Opening (28813)
- 60,000 PSI DUCTILE IRON: Greater durability with lighter weight material.
- ENCLOSED SPINDLE: Keeps lubricants in and contaminants out for smooth operation.
- LARGE ANVIL WORK SURFACE: Accommodates a wide range of striking needs.
- NEEDLE ROLLER THRUST BEARING: Easier to apply and release greater clamping force.
- PRECISION-MACHINED SLIDE BAR: Eliminates movement in the front jaw, regardless of opened distance.
Wilton CS4 4" Cross-Slide Drill Press Vise (11694)
- ACCURACY: Move your workpiece horizontally and longitudinally for precise positioning.
- PRECISION: Cast side knobs accurately dial in .1mm increments.
- STABILITY: Durable base has five bolt lugs for easy mounting to a machine table.
- DURABILITY: Heavy-duty construction with fine-grain cast iron castings.
- VERSATILITY: Hardened V-groove jaws hold round-shaped objects both vertically and horizontally.
Yost Vises Model 465 Heavy-Duty Industrial 6.5- Inch Combination Pipe and Bench Vise Tool with 360-degree Swivel Base for Home or Industrial Craftsmen, Blue
- Exclusive Interlocking gear base securely attaches the bench vise to your workbench or mounting surface — No slipping or scratching; engineered for optimal safety
- Smooth 360-degree rotating base with 2-point lock down - Ensures maximum stability and alignment for light- or heavy-duty work
- High clamp force of 4,950 lb. and a torque rating of 116 ft-lb strongly grips metal work, woodworking projects, car repairs, pipe work and other home or industrial precision vice projects
- Large Capacity: Jaw Width (6.5”); Jaw Opening (5.5”), Throat Depth (3.75”), Pipe Capacity: 1/8” x 2.5”D, Replaceable Hardened Steel Serrated Top Jaws, Grooved Pipe Jaws Firmly Grip Irregular And Round Objects
- High-strength steel bar and 30,000 psi cast iron vise components
The best vise brands
One of the things we suggest to most of our readers is to buy the vise from a well-known brand. Good brands provide, good quality products, great customer support, and have service centers in different places around the country. Regarding the vise I have a preference for the products of the brands listed below.
Important notes when buying vise
There are some things you should consider when buying a vise. We spent 22 hours researching the most important things you should consider when buying a vise. So should we start with the list of things you should consider?
1. Budget and price matching
Make a list of the things you want in your vise and the price you are willing to pay for it. So try to look for a product in that price range and choose the one that appeals to you the most. One tip we would like to give you is: don’t settle for a cheaper product if it doesn’t even have a function you need.
Most vises fall within the price range of $ 146.24 to $ 32.09. Therefore, if budget is not a problem and you want the best product for your needs, we advise you to choose the Yost Vises 5″ Heavy-Duty Bench Vise, Double Swivel Rotating Vise: Head Rotates 360° Vertically, Body Rotates 360° Horizontally In The Locking Swivel Base, (Model 750-E; 1-Pack).
If you want something medium range, choose Kurt DX6 Vise with 9″ Opening, 6″ Size, 4.360″ Height, 7.391″ Width, 16.810″ Length, Blue. If you have a very low budget, you can choose the one that is the YOST VISES LV-4 Home Vise 4-1/2″ (1 Pack)”
2. Does it have all the features you need?
Most importantly, the vise you are purchasing should have all the features you are looking for. In case you don’t even have one, don’t buy! We are saying this because you will not be able to use it for that purpose. If you are a person without budget problems, I would suggest you to choose the best model which is YOST VISES LV-4 Home Vise 4-1/2″ (1 Pack)”
3. The brand
Buying the vise from a reputable brand can actually make sense. Not only will it be better than others in terms of “build quality”, but it will also have some extra features, better customer support. Famous brands have multiple service centers across the country, so if you have any problems you can simply take your vise to one of their service centers.
4. Warranty Matters!
When you buy a vise from a well-known brand, you will get a guarantee. Low-cost products also come with warranties, but the claim process could be tougher. That’s why I always suggest you buy the product from a reputed brand and the one that comes under warranty. It will save you from repair costs in the future. On average, around 21% of people end up paying 40% of the product price for the service! You can save on service costs if the product is under warranty!
5. Check out our website
On our website we have experts in all categories and no matter what the product is, we have a better review or list about it. The products on our list are based on expert picks, advice and hours of research. That’s why when you buy something that’s listed on our best list, you won’t regret it. However, there is a possibility that we may not have covered the product you might be interested in, but if you come across something like this, please let us know via comments or contact us.
What is the best vise?
The best vise is the one that has all the features that meet your needs. I think the best is Yost Vises 5″ Heavy-Duty Bench Vise, Double Swivel Rotating Vise: Head Rotates 360° Vertically, Body Rotates 360° Horizontally In The Locking Swivel Base, (Model 750-E; 1-Pack)
Are there any good deals on vise?
In the offline market, you won’t find many offers. However, I have chosen the best vise and have added links to Amazon which has deals and deals running on a regular basis.
What is the cheapest vise?
Although most of the cheaper vise do not have many features, but if you are looking for the best one at a low cost, my best bet would be on YOST VISES LV-4 Home Vise 4-1/2″ (1 Pack)”
Where can I buy the vise?
There are several places where you can buy it, but in my opinion, when it comes to the online marketplace, I wouldn’t recommend anything other than Amazon. It’s because their service is great!
Why should you trust our website?
We have been in the review business for more than 15 years and our motive is to help people buy the top rated products at the best price. We went through 22 to help you find the best vise
We hope you liked the vises that we have listed in our best list. If it was helpful, bookmark our site and share it with people you know whenever they intend to buy something.
To conclude this guide,