In this article we will take a look at some of the best chosen solid state drive for macbook pro 2015 . We would recommend using OWC 480GB Aura Pro X2 SSD for MacBook Air (Mid 2013-2017), and MacBook Pro (Retina, Late 2013 – Mid 2015) Computers (OWCS3DAPT4MB05) as it is our top pick for you
Best solid state drive for macbook pro 2015 Review :
OWC 480GB Aura Pro X2 SSD for MacBook Air (Mid 2013-2017), and MacBook Pro (Retina, Late 2013 - Mid 2015) Computers (OWCS3DAPT4MB05)
- 480 GB High performance NVMe flash upgrade; For select 2013 and later MacBook Air & MacBook Pro models: MacBookAir6,1 MacBookAir6,2 MacBookAir7,1 MacBookAir7,2 MacBookPro11,1 MacBookPro11,2 MacBookPro11,3 MacBookPro11,4 MacBookPro11,5 MacBookPro12,1
- Speeds up to 3200MB/s read and 2400MB/s write, up to twice as fast as the original SSD; SLC caching accelerates burst performance; Upgrade your Mac with Aura Pro X2 SSD for a fraction of the cost of a new model and keep your Mac running for years
- Consumes less power and runs cooler than earlier models: Newly calibrated to use less power and run cooler than than earlier SSD models, so you can run at peak for longer than ever, Aura Pro X2 is the best way to upgrade your PCIe equipped Mac
- Controller: Silicon Motion SM2262EN; Flash Components: 3D TLC NAND; Interface: NVMe 1.3 (PCIe 3.1 x4); Form Factor: Custom blade; Overprovisioning: 7% overprovisioning; System Requirements: macOS 10.13 or later
- 5 Year OWC Limited Warranty, Designed for macOS 10.13 and beyond: NOTE: Aura Pro X2 is designed for APFS file system available on macOS 10.13 High Sierra and later. Upgrade to macOS 10.13 or higher before installing Aura Pro X2. Not compatible with Apple Boot Camp on MacBookPro11,1 or MacBookAir6,1 or MacBookAir6,2.
Transcend 240GB JetDrive 820 PCIe Gen3 x2 Solid State Drive (TS240GJDM820)
2 used from $60.00
- Compatible with MacBook Air 11" & 13" (Mid 2013 – 2017), MacBook Pro Retina 13" & 15" (Late 2013 – mid 2015), Mac Mini (Late 2014), and Mac Pro (Late 2013)
- Ahci PCIe Gen3 x2 interface
- Up to 950 MB/s Read; 950 MB/s write
- Installation tools included
- Free download of the JetDrive Toolbox Software
Fledging 1TB Feather M13-S PCIe NVMe Gen 3.0x4 SSD Upgrade – DIY kit & OS Included – Compatible with Apple MacBook Air (2013-2015) & Pro (2013-2016), Mac Mini (2013) & Pro (2014), iMac (2013-2019)
- [Maximum Performance] Using the latest in PCIe NVMe interface technology, reach speeds of up to 1500 MB/s read and 1100 MB/s write. Up to twice the speeds of the original drive.
- [Innovative Technology] Whether you are a gamer, creator, or a student, our drives are designed for the highest deliverable speeds at optimal temperatures. Keeping the Mac you love running faster, longer, and cooler than before.
- [Everything You Need] Pre-loaded with High Sierra, this is the only drive on the market with all the tools and instructions needed to quickly and easily install your new drive and safely transfer your data without having to visit a repair shop, buy more tools, or follow complex online instructions. You can also upgrade to your OS of choice after the initial installation.
- [Peace of Mind] 3-year limited warranty and help from real people. For any problem, big or small, our team is available to get your machine back up and running. As with any SSD upgrade, there might be some challenges, but we’re here to help.
- [Compatibility] Our drives are compatible with Macbooks, Macs, and iMacs from 2010-2019. Please match your device’s EMC to the compatibility chart in the description below to see if this drive is the right fit for you.
MCE Technologies 2TB SSD for MacBook Pro 2015 15-inch Only: PCIe-Based 4 Lane (x4) NVMe 8.0GT/s SSD Flash Storage Upgrade - 2900MB/s Read, 2100MB/s Write, Requires macOS 10.13.x (High Sierra) or Later
- Please Note: Your MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) must be updated to macOS 10.13.x (High Sierra) or later before installing this SSD. With macOS 10.13 (High Sierra), Apple enabled the 15-inch MacBook Pro 2015 to utilize this faster type of NVMe-based SSD. If your MacBook Pro is already running macOS 10.13 (High Sierra) or later, then you are ready to go. MCE 2TB PCIe-based NVMe 4 Lane (x4) SSD Flash Drive utilizing all 4 PCIe data lanes and operating at 2900MB/s Read and 2100MB/s Write!
- Fastest SSD Created Specifically to take advantage of the faster 8GT/s PCIe architecture present in the MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015). NVMe Interface - The Next Generation of SSDs designed to take advantage of SSD's low latency, parallelism, and makes your Mac faster overall because it uses less CPU cycles than your previous SSD for storage management!
- Highest-performance, highest capacity drive created specifically for the MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015). Automatic TRIM support. Boot Camp compatible.
- At a full 2TB of usable capacity, work the way you want to and lessen, or eliminate altogether your dependence on lower performing, expensive external drives. 5 Year Warranty!
- Compatibility - Machine: MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) only. macOS Version: compatible with macOS 10.13.x (High Sierra), macOS 10.14.x (Mojave) and all future macOS versions applicable to your MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) as well as Windows installations using Apple's Boot Camp or virtualization software. Verify which MacBook Pro model you have and which macOS you're running by going to the Apple menu at the upper left of your display and selecting "About This Mac".
Odyson - 256GB SSD (PCIe 3.0 x4, SSUBX) Replacement for MacBook Pro 13" Retina A1502 (Early 2015), 15" A1398 (Mid 2015)
6 used from $49.99
- Compatibility: MacBook Air (Early 2015 - Mid 2017)
- Compatibility: MacBook Pro (Early 2015 - Mid 2015)
- Also compatible as an upgrade for older Mid 2013-Late 2014 MacBooks/iMacs/Mac Pros, and will provide nearly DOUBLE the read/write speeds
- Manufacturer PN: 655-1858, 655-1959, MZ-JPV2560, MZ-JPV256R, MZ-JPV256S APN: 661-03732, 661-02351, 661-02396
Odyson - 512GB SSD (PCIe 3.0 x4, SSUBX) Replacement for MacBook Pro 13" Retina A1502 (Early 2015), 15" A1398 (Mid 2015)
7 used from $94.99
- Compatibility: MacBookAir7,2 Early 2015 (MJVE2LL/A, MGVG2LL/A)
- Compatibility: MacBookPro12,1 Early 2015 (MF839LL/A, MF841LL/A, MF843LL/A)
- Compatibility: MacBookPro11,4 Mid 2015 (IG - MJLQ2LL/A)
- APN: 661-02375, 661-02352
Odyson - 1TB SSD (PCIe 3.0 x4, SSUBX) Replacement for MacBook Pro 13" Retina A1502 (Early 2015), 15" A1398 (Mid 2015)
5 used from $284.89
- 1TB SSD for 13" A1502 (Early 2015), 15" A1398 (Mid 2015)
- Includes: 1TB SSUBX SSD (PCIe 3.0 x4)
- Compatibility: All MacBook Pro and iMac models release during 2015
- Compatibility: Can be installed in older L2013/M2014 A1502 and A1398 laptops w/ nearly double read/write speeds over the original drives.
- Compatibility: Can be installed in older Mac Pro (A1481), iMac L2013/2014, and Mac Mini 2014 w/ nearly double read/write speeds over the original drives. Part Numbers: 655-1860, 655-1961, MZ-KPV1T00, MZ-KPV1T0R, MZ-KPV1T0S
(Renewed) Apple MacBook Pro 13in Core i5 Retina 2.7GHz (MF840LL/A), 8GB Memory, 256GB Solid State Drive
- 13.3-inch IPS Retina Display, 2560-by-1600 resolution / Intel Iris Graphics 6100
- This Certified Refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, a minimum 90-day warranty, and may arrive in a generic box. Only select sellers who maintain a high performance bar may offer Certified Refurbished products on Amazon.com.
- (FROM) 8 GB 1866 MHz LPDDR3 RAM / 512 GB Solid State Drive (TO) 8 GB 1866 MHz LPDDR3 RAM / 256GB Solid State Drive
- Fresh installation of MacOS 10.12 Sierra / 85W-2 MagSafe Adapter
- 2.7 GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.1 GHz) with 3MB shared L3 cache
Sintech USB 3.0 External Case with USB 3.1 connetor, Compatible for 28Pin SSD from MacBook Air(Mid 2013-2016) and MacBook PRO(Late 2013 - Mid 2015),Not Fit MacBook PRO 2016-2019 Year
- Alow Mid 2013 -2016 Year macbook air and Late 2013 - Mid 2015 Year PRO SSD to read in USB 3.0/3.1 external HDD case
- Support SD6PQ4M-128G,SD6PQ4M-256G SSD
- Support Samsung MZ-JPU128T, MZ-JPU256T,MZ-JPU512T,MZ-KPU1TOT,MZ-JPV1280
- NOT Suport MZ-KPV1TOT,MZ-KKW512/1TB/2TB,all Toshiba SSD from 2015-2016 Macbook PRO
- NOTICE: Before you buy this item,pls check if your SSD is ACHI verion in SATA express, not nVME version in nVME express.
Arestech M.2 NVME SSD Convert Adapter for Upgraded MacBook Air Pro Retina Mid 2013-2017, NVME/AHCI SSD Upgraded Kit for A1465 A1466 A1398 A1502 - Standard Size
- ✅This M.2 PCIe nVME SSD convert adapter allows to upgrade SSD for 2013-2015 MacBook with large capacity NVME SSD.
- ✅It is compatible with MacBook Air 11” A1465 & MacBook Air 13” A1466 (Mid 2013-2017), MacBook Pro (Retina) 13" A1502 & 15" A1398 (Late 2013 - Mid 2015), Mac Pro ME253 MD878.
- ✅Requires macOS 10.13 High Sierra or Later; DO NOT compatible with earlier than macOS 10.13 versions. Please use your original SSD to upgrades your macOS before installation.
- ✅Support M.2 NVME/AHCI SSD such as Samsung 960 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO/PRO (Not support 960 EVO Plus), WD Black, Crucial P1, HP EX920, ADATA SX8200, Intel 600p series NVME SSD and so on.
- ✅It can't support recovering from internet, important to prepare bootable USB disk driver(M.2 PCIe has no OS system inside,it must be erased first).
The popular solid state drive for macbook pro 2015 brands
One of the things we suggest to most of our readers is to buy the solid state drive for macbook pro 2015 from a well-known brand. Good brands provide, good quality products, great customer support, and have service centers in different places around the country. Regarding the solid state drive for macbook pro 2015 I have a preference for the products of the brands listed below.
Best solid state drive for macbook pro 2015 – Buyer’s Guide 2021
There are some things you should consider when buying a solid state drive for macbook pro 2015. We spent 22 hours researching the most important things you should consider when buying a solid state drive for macbook pro 2015. So should we start with the list of things you should consider?
1. Budget and price matching
Make a list of the things you want in your solid state drive for macbook pro 2015 and the price you are willing to pay for it. So try to look for a product in that price range and choose the one that appeals to you the most. One tip we would like to give you is: don’t settle for a cheaper product if it doesn’t even have a function you need.
Most solid state drive for macbook pro 2015s fall within the price range of $ 129 to $ 244.55. Therefore, if budget is not a problem and you want the best product for your needs, we advise you to choose the OWC 480GB Aura Pro X2 SSD for MacBook Air (Mid 2013-2017), and MacBook Pro (Retina, Late 2013 – Mid 2015) Computers (OWCS3DAPT4MB05).
If you want something medium range, choose MCE Technologies 2TB SSD for MacBook Pro 2015 15-inch Only: PCIe-Based 4 Lane (x4) NVMe 8.0GT/s SSD Flash Storage Upgrade – 2900MB/s Read, 2100MB/s Write, Requires macOS 10.13.x (High Sierra) or Later. If you have a very low budget, you can choose the one that is the Odyson – 1TB SSD (PCIe 3.0 x4, SSUBX) Replacement for MacBook Pro 13″ Retina A1502 (Early 2015), 15″ A1398 (Mid 2015)
2. Does it have all the features you need?
Most importantly, the solid state drive for macbook pro 2015 you are purchasing should have all the features you are looking for. In case you don’t even have one, don’t buy! We are saying this because you will not be able to use it for that purpose. If you are a person without budget problems, I would suggest you to choose the best model which is Odyson – 1TB SSD (PCIe 3.0 x4, SSUBX) Replacement for MacBook Pro 13″ Retina A1502 (Early 2015), 15″ A1398 (Mid 2015)
3. The brand
Buying the solid state drive for macbook pro 2015 from a reputable brand can actually make sense. Not only will it be better than others in terms of “build quality”, but it will also have some extra features, better customer support. Famous brands have multiple service centers across the country, so if you have any problems you can simply take your solid state drive for macbook pro 2015 to one of their service centers.
4. Warranty Matters!
When you buy a solid state drive for macbook pro 2015 from a well-known brand, you will get a guarantee. Low-cost products also come with warranties, but the claim process could be tougher. That’s why I always suggest you buy the product from a reputed brand and the one that comes under warranty. It will save you from repair costs in the future. On average, around 21% of people end up paying 40% of the product price for the service! You can save on service costs if the product is under warranty!
5. Check out our website
On our website we have experts in all categories and no matter what the product is, we have a better review or list about it. The products on our list are based on expert picks, advice and hours of research. That’s why when you buy something that’s listed on our best list, you won’t regret it. However, there is a possibility that we may not have covered the product you might be interested in, but if you come across something like this, please let us know via comments or contact us.
What is the best solid state drive for macbook pro 2015?
The best solid state drive for macbook pro 2015 is the one that has all the features that meet your needs. I think the best is OWC 480GB Aura Pro X2 SSD for MacBook Air (Mid 2013-2017), and MacBook Pro (Retina, Late 2013 – Mid 2015) Computers (OWCS3DAPT4MB05)
Are there any good deals on solid state drive for macbook pro 2015?
In the offline market, you won’t find many offers. However, I have chosen the best solid state drive for macbook pro 2015 and have added links to Amazon which has deals and deals running on a regular basis.
What is the cheapest solid state drive for macbook pro 2015?
Although most of the cheaper solid state drive for macbook pro 2015 do not have many features, but if you are looking for the best one at a low cost, my best bet would be on Odyson – 1TB SSD (PCIe 3.0 x4, SSUBX) Replacement for MacBook Pro 13″ Retina A1502 (Early 2015), 15″ A1398 (Mid 2015)
Where can I buy the solid state drive for macbook pro 2015?
There are several places where you can buy it, but in my opinion, when it comes to the online marketplace, I wouldn’t recommend anything other than Amazon. It’s because their service is great!
Why should you trust our website?
We have been in the review business for more than 15 years and our motive is to help people buy the top rated products at the best price. We went through 22 to help you find the best solid state drive for macbook pro 2015
We hope you liked the solid state drive for macbook pro 2015s that we have listed in our best list. If it was helpful, bookmark our site and share it with people you know whenever they intend to buy something.
To conclude this guide,