In this article we will take a look at some of the best chosen thunderbolt docking station for mac . We would recommend using Anker Docking Station, PowerExpand Elite 13-in-1 Thunderbolt 3 Dock for USB-C Laptops, 85W Charging for Laptop, 18W Charging for Phone, 4K HDMI, 1Gbps Ethernet, Audio, USB-A Gen 1, USB-C Gen 2, SD 4.0 as it is a high-quality product
Top 10 best thunderbolt docking station for mac review:
Anker Docking Station, PowerExpand Elite 13-in-1 Thunderbolt 3 Dock for USB-C Laptops, 85W Charging for Laptop, 18W Charging for Phone, 4K HDMI, 1Gbps Ethernet, Audio, USB-A Gen 1, USB-C Gen 2, SD 4.0
5 used from $215.99
- The Anker Advantage: Join the 55 million+ powered by our leading technology.
- Incredible Expansion: Equipped with dual Thunderbolt 3 ports, 2 USB-C ports, 4 USB-A ports, an HDMI port, an Ethernet port, SD/microSD card slots, and a 3.5 mm AUX port.
- Unparalleled Charging Options: With 85W and 15W Thunderbolt 3 ports plus an 18W USB-C Power Delivery port, PowerExpand offers multiple ways to get a high-speed charge for anything from laptops to phones and more.
- Media Display: The Thunderbolt 3 port supports 5K@60Hz while the HDMI port supports a resolution of 4K@60Hz. Connect to both simultaneously to enjoy crystal-clear streaming or mirroring across 2 displays.
- What You Get: PowerExpand Elite 13-in-1 Thunderbolt 3 Dock, 180W power adapter, Thunderbolt 3 cable (2.3 ft), welcome guide, our worry-free 18-month warranty, and great customer service.
Kensington Thunderbolt 3 Docking Station, SD Card Reader, 60W PD and Dual 4K HDMI for Mac and Windows
3 used from $149.39
- Thunderbolt 3 dock for MacBooks (OS 10.14 and later) and Windows (7, 8, 8.1, 10) laptops equipped with Thunderbolt 3 (Lenovo Dell HP Acer, Asus, MSI, Razer, and more)
- Supports 4K Ultra HD (4096 x 2160 30-bit color @ 60 Hz) to dual monitors or 8K 60fps to a single monitor; new Macbooks with the M1 chipset will only display on one external monitor with any Thunderbolt dock due to limitations of the Apple chipset (for dual monitor see our part # K33620NA)
- Connect your laptop to the Thunderbolt 3 port (.7 meter Intel Certified TB3 cable included); connect your dual displays by using the HDMI port and the 15W USB-C port which delivers video to a second monitor (using the included USB-C to HDMI adapter)
- 135 Watt Power Supply delivers 60W power to charge your laptop via power delivery 3.0, including 61W MacBook Pro 13" models (Windows laptops must be designed to support power delivery); delivers additional power to run peripherals like hard drives, and for charging phones and tablets
- SD card reader (3.0 UHS-I); five USB-A 3.1 Gen 1 ports @5Gbps for connecting accessories and charging devices (one is 5V/2.1A charging, can charge an iPad); Gigabit Ethernet port; 3.5mm headphone/speaker and microphone combo jack; Kensington lock slot; VESA mounting holes
USB C Thunderbolt 3 Dock HUB with Cable -8K DisplayPort,120W Laptop Charging, 3 USB 3.1 Gen 2, Ethernet, UHS-II SD/CFast 2.0 Card Slot,Thunderbolt 3 Docking Station Compatible with Mac and Windows
- 【9-in-1 Thunderbolt 3 Dock Ultra Portable & Powerful Workstation】 Thunderbolt 3 Hub Docking Station with 2 x Thunderbolt 3 40 Gb / s, DisplayPort 1.4, 2 x USB-A 3.1 Gen2 (only 10 Gb / s data), USB-C 3.1 Gen2 (only 10 Gb / s data), Gigabit Ethernet, UHS-II SD card slot (SD card slot (SD card slot). 4.0), C Fast2.0 card reader (500 MB / s). Thunderbolt 3 docking station. Stable all-aluminum construction for better heat dissipation.
- 【Double display flexibility Thunderbolt 3 Dock & Daisy Chain】 Double display connects up to two 4K @ 60Hz monitors via DisplayPort and Thunderbolt 3 / USB-C connection, or a single 8K @ 60Hz (7680x4320) 5K @ 60Hz (5120x2880) UHD- Display can be connected via The Thunderbolt 3 connection (*** Displayport to HDMI / DVI / VGA adapter / cable must be an active type. ***) Daisy chain up to 6 Thunderbolt devices including docking stations, external graphics cards and displays.
- 【1000 Mb / s RJ45 Ethernet and 10 Gbps fast data transfer】 Thunderbolt 3 Hub offers full 10/100/1000 Mbps via RJ45 Ethernet connection, download movies faster and transfer files faster, reduce latency. The Thunderbolt 3 docking station is ultra-fast with speeds of 10 Gbit / s for USB-A 3.1 Gen2 and 2 x USB-C 3.1 Gen2, built-in CFast2.0 and SD4.0 (UHS-II) card reader slot, transfer full days of recordings from Your camera 3x faster than its UHS-I counterpart!
- 【Macbook Laptop Charger, Mac & Windows Compatible】 Thunderbolt 3 Dock provides up to 60W to charge your laptop and power all of your USB peripherals. The second Thunderbolt 3 port provides 15 W of power for downstream devices. Thunderbolt 3 Dock for MacBooks (OS 10.15 and higher) and Windows laptops with Thunderbolt 3 (Lenovo, Dell, HP, Acer, Asus, MSI, Razer and more); Also compatible with USB-C laptops and Surface devices (at USB-C speeds)
- 【Great versatility and hot swapping】 9-in-1 Thunderbolt 3 and USB-C docking station hub, slim aluminum finish. Connect your laptop to the Thunderbolt 3 port (0.8 meter Intel certified TB3 cable included) USB-C docking station hub is slim and compact and easy plug and play connectivity, Rocketek USB C hub fulfills your most Needs. 24 months guarantee and no worries about returns or refunds.
Plugable USB-C 4K Triple Display Docking Station with Charging Support for Specific USB-C and Thunderbolt 3 Windows and Mac Systems (1x HDMI and 2x DisplayPort++ Outputs, 5x USB Ports, 60W USB PD)
- TRIPLE 4K DISPLAY DOCK - With a compatible USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 Mac or Windows laptop, or Windows tablet, this dock can charge your device, connect up to 3 monitors, add a Gigabit Ethernet connection, add 3.5mm headphone and microphone jacks, and add multiple USB ports
- HDMI AND DISPLAYPORT - This dock features 3 video outputs including 1x HDMI 1.4 output capable of 4K 30Hz, and 2x DisplayPort 1.2 (DP++) outputs capable of 4K 60Hz. Video adapters (not included) can convert DisplayPort to VGA, single-link DVI, or HDMI
- USB-C FEATURES - USB-C and Thunderbolt 3 ports can enable features such as USB Alternate Mode (Alt Mode) and USB Power Delivery (PD) charging. Support for these features is determined by your computer manufacturer. See product description for details
- IMPORTANT NOTES - The full product description has important info regarding requirements and limitations of this dock. USB-C required. Not all devices support all features. No HDCP support. Supports Intel and M1 Macs (macOS 10.14+ with driver installation)
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY - We love our Plugable products, and hope you will too. All of our products are backed with a 2-year limited parts and labor warranty as well as Seattle-based email support
Tobenone Thunderbolt 3 Dual Monitor Docking Station for MacBook Pro/Air/Windows, Thunderbolt 3 Dock for Display,UHS-II SD Card Slot,USB-C/ USB3.1 (10Gbps),Compatible with Thunderbolt3/4 Laptop
- 16-IN-1 Thunderbolt 3 Dock: Tobenone USB C Thunderbolt 3 dock expands your laptop USB C to 1xDisplayPort monitors, 1xThundebolt 3 for display,high speed data transfer,2x USB-C (10Gbps), 1x USB3.1 (10Gbps),2x USB 3.0 (5Gbps), 2xUSB 2.0(for wireless devices) and charging(1xThundebolt 3 Host),Gigabit Ethernet, SD/microSD,3.5mm Audio/Microphone,S/PDIF(Audio output) all through a single 3.28ft Thunderbolt 3 cable.
- Single 5K OR Dual 4K Extended Display: With this USB C Docking Station Dual Monitor for MacBook Pro, you can access a Single 5K@60Hz display through Thunderbolt 3 port or DP port,or two 4K@60Hz (3840 x 2160 @60Hz) monitors via DisplayPort and Thunderbolt 3 port. (***Macbooks with M1 chip only can extend one monitor due to limitations of the Apple chip )
- High-Speed Data Transfer: Equipped with 1 Thunderbolt 3 with 40Gbps transmission speed and 2 USB C ports and one USB 3.1 port support transmission speed up to 10 Gbps, the USB C Dual Monitor docking station for MacBook Pro allows you to access your files in seconds. The dual monitor laptop docking station also offers 2 USB 3.0 ports with 5 Gbps transmission speed and 2 USB 2.0 ports for your wireless devices.
- Strong and Stable Power Delivery: Tobenone Thunderbolt 3 MacBook Pro docking station dual monitor goes with power supply for stable usage. Thunderbolt 3 charging ports provide up to 60W of power to charge the host. This dock allows you to charge your laptops or other devices such as phones without your laptop power supply.
- Wide COMPATIBLE Dock: This Thunderbolt 3 USB C dual monitor laptop docking station is compatible with any laptop with a thunderbolt3/4 port. Such as MacBook Pro 2016/2017/2018/2019/2020(NOT M1) or Windows 8/10 with a Thunderbolt 3/4 port. (Please ensure the laptop equipped with a Thunderbolt3/4 Port)
MacBook Pro Docking Station, 4K Triple Display Hiearcool 9 in 2 Laptop Docking Station Compatible for MacBook Pro/Air Thunderbolt 3 Multiport Docker USB C Dongle (2HDMI PD3.0 SD TF Reader RJ45 2USB)
- 4K@60 Triple Extend Display: Triple Extend mode with 4K@60 resolution Technology is an advancing move that over 99% of USB C docking Station that can not achieve. The Hiearcool 4K Triple display docking station takes work-flow efficiency to a new level with a vivid image. 9in2 USB C docking station is presenting an Ultra-High-Definition video through 1HDMI for 4K 3840*2160@60Hz, 2HDMI for 4K 3840*2160@30Hz.(Incompatible with Macbook M1 series.)
- Born for Magnify Your MacBook Pro/Air: Don't want to carry around multiple expensive Mac adapters, dongles, or cumbersome docking stations? The Hiearcool Triple-Display Innovation combination of USB C Hub and docking station is the ultimate accessory for your MacBook Pro/Air, more features, more possibility, light-weight and portable. The new Hiearcool USB C docking station features 2 X 4K HDMI, SD/MicroSD Card Reader, USB C Data Transfer, 100W PD, and 2 x USB 3.0 ports.
- Specific Compatible List: 9 in 2 USB C Docking Station is exclusive for MacBook Pro 13inch 2016/2017/2018/2019/2020, MacBook Pro 15inch 2016/2017/2018/2019, MacBook Pro 16 inch 2019, and MacBook Air(Retina 13-inch) 2018/2019/2020. Plug and Play. No drives needed, creating more value for work.
- Powerfully Effective your Work: 1*Ethernet: Speed up to 1Gbps. 1*SD: UHS-I, speed up to 104MB/s. 1*MicroSD and SD: UHS-I, speed up to 104MB/s. 2*USB3.0: Data transfer speed up to 5Gbps & charging up to 5V@1.5A Max. 1*Type C gen 1 Up to 5 Gbps & 5V@1.5A Max. 1*USB-C: Power Delivery, up to 100W (note: data transfer not supported).
- First and Ever: Industry-leading technical design with Aluminum out shell, long cord isolation the heat away from the laptop while functioning. Exclusive Smart chip shortens the charging time with power delivery 3.0 (backward with PD 2.0), preventing overload, over-voltage, over-current, short circuit, overcharge, voltage regulation, temperature protection, the wise choice of docking station under safety.
Kensington SD5700T Thunderbolt 4 Docking Station, Dual 4K, 90W PD - Window and Mac OS (K35175NA)
1 used from $278.98
- Thunderbolt 4 docking station for Thunderbolt 4 Windows 10 laptops and Thunderbolt 3 MacBooks (macOS 11 or later); also works great with non-Thunderbolt USB-C laptops; if you have a Thunderbolt 3 Windows laptop, this is not the dock for you, see part # K34009US)
- Supports dual monitor 4k Ultra HD (4k 60Hz) or single monitor 8k 30Hz for Thunderbolt laptops; MacBooks with the new M1 chipset will only display to a single monitor due to Apple’s chipset limitations (see our part #K33620NA for a dual monitor solution for Apple M1 machines); for USB-C laptops: HBR3 laptops will receive Dual 4K@30Hz or Single 4K@60Hz; HBR2 laptops will receive Dual 1080P@60Hz or Single 4K@30Hz
- Connect your laptop to the Thunderbolt 4 port (.8 meter Intel Certified TB4 cable included); connect your displays using one or two of the Thunderbolt 4 ports (usb-c to hdmi or usb-c to DisplayPort adapter or cable not included); unused Thunderbolt ports can connect directly to Thunderbolt devices (up to five additional via daisy chain, max 2 per port) while providing transfer speeds up to 40Gbps
- 180 Watt Power Supply delivers 90W power to charge your laptop; delivers additional power to run peripherals like hard drives, and for charging phones and tablets including Thunderbolt 4, Thunderbolt 3, USB 4.0, USB 3 and USB 2 peripherals
- Static charging technology provides 15W to each of the downstream Thunderbolt 4 ports without taking power from the laptop – laptop still receives full 90W of power even when all other ports are utilized; other Thunderbolt 4 docks will divert power away from the laptop
Kensington Thunderbolt 3 and USB-C Docking Station SD5600T - New – 100W Power Delivery, SD Card Readers, Dual 4K HDMI or DisplayPort, for Mac, Windows and Surface (K34009US)
1 used from $653.99
- Thunderbolt 3 dock for MacBooks (OS 10.15 and later) and Windows laptops equipped with Thunderbolt 3 (Lenovo, Dell, HP, Acer, Asus, MSI, Razer, and more); also compatible with USB-C laptops and Surface devices (at USB-C speeds) including Surface Pro 7 and 7+, Surface Laptop 3, Surface Books and Surface Go; horizontal or vertical orientation (base included)
- Supports 4K Ultra HD (4096 x 2160 30-bit color @ 60 Hz) to one or two monitors for Thunderbolt 3 devices; USB-C devices supported at 4K @60Hz to a single monitor or 1080p@60Hz to dual monitors; new Macbooks with the M1 chipset will only display on one external monitor with any Thunderbolt dock due to limitations of the Apple chipset (for dual monitor see our part # K33620NA)
- Connect your laptop to the Thunderbolt 3 port (.8 meter Intel Certified TB3 cable included); connect to your dual displays by using two HDMI 2.0 ports, two DisplayPort 1.2 ports, or one of each
- 170 Watt Power Supply delivers up to 100W power to charge your laptop via power delivery 3.0, great for the MacBook Pro 16” and other laptops needing 100W of power or less (windows laptops must be designed to support power delivery); delivers additional power to run peripherals like hard drives, and for charging phones and tablets
- SD card reader and Micro SD card reader (both UHS II SD 4.0); one USB-C Gen2 port (up to 10Gbps with 5V/1.5A charging); six USB-A ports (one Gen2@10Gbps with 5V/1.5A charging, five Gen1@5Gbps with 5V/0.9A charging); Gigabit Ethernet port; 3.5mm headphone/speaker and microphone combo jack; Kensington lock slot; VESA mounting holes; horizontal or vertical (base included) orientation
HP Thunderbolt Dock 120W with HDMI Adapter, Universal USB-C Docking Station (6HP48AA)
1 used from $324.99
- ALL-IN-ONE DOCK - Connect all of your workspace multi-OS devices with a single 0.7mm USB-C Thunderbolt cable through your laptop
- HDMI ADAPTER - An additional USB-C to HDMI 2.0 adapter allows you to hook up your desktop monitor and other displays with ease
- 4K DISPLAYS - Maintain beautiful 4K image quality and detail when connected to external 4k displays
- COMPATIBILITY - Supports HP and non-HP laptops, Mac OS X and Windows operating systems, and any device with a USB-C or Thunderbolt port
- PORTS - USB-C Thunderbolt, USB 3.1, USB-C DisplayPort, DisplayPort, VGA, RJ45, AC Adapter, USB 3.1 charging
StarTech.com Thunderbolt 3 Dock - Dual Monitor 4K 60Hz Laptop Docking Station with DisplayPort - 85W Power Delivery - 3-Port USB 3.0 Hub, Ethernet, Audio - TB3 Dock - Windows & Mac (TB3DK2DPPD)
- THUNDERBOLT 3 CERTIFIED DOCK: 40Gbps video/data bandwidth, dual 4K 60Hz DP & TB3 (USB-C) video outputs, 85W PD, USB 3.0 5 Gbps Hub w/ 2x USB-A (1 Front Fast-Charging) & 1x USB-C, GbE, 3.5mm audio/mic
- 85W POWER DELIVERY: This Thunderbolt 3 Docking Station will power and charge laptops & ultrabooks such as MacBook Pro 13 & 16, MacBook Air, HP, Lenovo ThinkPad, & Dell XPS using macOS, Windows
- EASY TO USE: TB3 Dock w/ auto drivers & MAC Address Changer Utility; incl. Thunderbolt 3 host cable & USB-C to DisplayPort cable for 2nd DP monitor; extended dual display support on MacBook Pro/Air with Intel processor & single display with Apple M1 Chip
- FLEXIBLE THUNDERBOLT 3 PORT: Thunderbolt 3 port replicator with a downstream TB3 port that supports 3 modes of operation: a second monitor, daisychain TB3 peripherals, or connect USB Type-C accessories
- DAISYCHAIN UP TO 5 THUNDERBOLT 3 DEVICES: Connect additional TB3 devices to this TB3 dock including monitors, external hard drive bays, card readers, or an external GPU; using the downstream TB3 port.
The popular thunderbolt docking station for mac brands
One of the things we suggest to most of our readers is to buy the thunderbolt docking station for mac from a well-known brand. Good brands provide, good quality products, great customer support, and have service centers in different places around the country. Regarding the thunderbolt docking station for mac I have a preference for the products of the brands listed below.
Best thunderbolt docking station for mac – Buyer’s Guide 2021
There are some things you should consider when buying a thunderbolt docking station for mac. We spent 22 hours researching the most important things you should consider when buying a thunderbolt docking station for mac. So should we start with the list of things you should consider?
1. Budget and price matching
Make a list of the things you want in your thunderbolt docking station for mac and the price you are willing to pay for it. So try to look for a product in that price range and choose the one that appeals to you the most. One tip we would like to give you is: don’t settle for a cheaper product if it doesn’t even have a function you need.
Most thunderbolt docking station for macs fall within the price range of $ 269.99 to $ 329.99. Therefore, if budget is not a problem and you want the best product for your needs, we advise you to choose the Anker Docking Station, PowerExpand Elite 13-in-1 Thunderbolt 3 Dock for USB-C Laptops, 85W Charging for Laptop, 18W Charging for Phone, 4K HDMI, 1Gbps Ethernet, Audio, USB-A Gen 1, USB-C Gen 2, SD 4.0.
If you want something medium range, choose Plugable USB-C 4K Triple Display Docking Station with Charging Support for Specific USB-C and Thunderbolt 3 Windows and Mac Systems (1x HDMI and 2x DisplayPort++ Outputs, 5x USB Ports, 60W USB PD). If you have a very low budget, you can choose the one that is the Kensington SD5700T Thunderbolt 4 Docking Station, Dual 4K, 90W PD – Window and Mac OS (K35175NA)
2. Does it have all the features you need?
Most importantly, the thunderbolt docking station for mac you are purchasing should have all the features you are looking for. In case you don’t even have one, don’t buy! We are saying this because you will not be able to use it for that purpose. If you are a person without budget problems, I would suggest you to choose the best model which is Kensington SD5700T Thunderbolt 4 Docking Station, Dual 4K, 90W PD – Window and Mac OS (K35175NA)
3. The brand
Buying the thunderbolt docking station for mac from a reputable brand can actually make sense. Not only will it be better than others in terms of “build quality”, but it will also have some extra features, better customer support. Famous brands have multiple service centers across the country, so if you have any problems you can simply take your thunderbolt docking station for mac to one of their service centers.
4. Warranty Matters!
When you buy a thunderbolt docking station for mac from a well-known brand, you will get a guarantee. Low-cost products also come with warranties, but the claim process could be tougher. That’s why I always suggest you buy the product from a reputed brand and the one that comes under warranty. It will save you from repair costs in the future. On average, around 21% of people end up paying 40% of the product price for the service! You can save on service costs if the product is under warranty!
5. Check out our website
On our website we have experts in all categories and no matter what the product is, we have a better review or list about it. The products on our list are based on expert picks, advice and hours of research. That’s why when you buy something that’s listed on our best list, you won’t regret it. However, there is a possibility that we may not have covered the product you might be interested in, but if you come across something like this, please let us know via comments or contact us.
What is the best thunderbolt docking station for mac?
The best thunderbolt docking station for mac is the one that has all the features that meet your needs. I think the best is Anker Docking Station, PowerExpand Elite 13-in-1 Thunderbolt 3 Dock for USB-C Laptops, 85W Charging for Laptop, 18W Charging for Phone, 4K HDMI, 1Gbps Ethernet, Audio, USB-A Gen 1, USB-C Gen 2, SD 4.0
Are there any good deals on thunderbolt docking station for mac?
In the offline market, you won’t find many offers. However, I have chosen the best thunderbolt docking station for mac and have added links to Amazon which has deals and deals running on a regular basis.
What is the cheapest thunderbolt docking station for mac?
Although most of the cheaper thunderbolt docking station for mac do not have many features, but if you are looking for the best one at a low cost, my best bet would be on Kensington SD5700T Thunderbolt 4 Docking Station, Dual 4K, 90W PD – Window and Mac OS (K35175NA)
Where can I buy the thunderbolt docking station for mac?
There are several places where you can buy it, but in my opinion, when it comes to the online marketplace, I wouldn’t recommend anything other than Amazon. It’s because their service is great!
Why should you trust our website?
We have been in the review business for more than 15 years and our motive is to help people buy the top rated products at the best price. We went through 22 to help you find the best thunderbolt docking station for mac
We hope you liked the thunderbolt docking station for macs that we have listed in our best list. If it was helpful, bookmark our site and share it with people you know whenever they intend to buy something.
To conclude this guide,