In this article we will take a look at some of the best chosen personal locator beacon for hiking . We would recommend using acr ResQLink 400 – SOS Personal Locator Beacon with GPS (Model: PLB-400) 2921 as it is a high-quality product
Best personal locator beacon for hiking Review :
acr ResQLink 400 - SOS Personal Locator Beacon with GPS (Model: PLB-400) 2921
- No Subscription Required
- 406 MHz Emergency Distress Signal / Homing signal
- LED Strobe and Infrared Strobe
- Global Coverage / Cospas-Sarsat / MEOSAR
- GPS and Galileo GNSS
ACR ResQLink View - Buoyant Personal Locator Beacon with GPS for Hiking, Boating and All Outdoor Adventures (Model PLB 425) ACR 2922
- Once activated, an SOS distress signal with GPS position is sent direct to Search and Rescue forces worldwide using the 406 MHz Emergency Distress Signal with 121.5 MHz Homing Signal (No Subscription Required)
- Small, rugged, lightweight personal locator beacon that is buoyant and includes attachment clips including a belt clip, oral inflation tube clip, straps and lanyards for increased wearability for hikers, boaters, campers, climbers, RVing and all your outdoor adventures
- Send non-emergency self test and GPS test messages to multiple contacts via text message (SMS) and email with a customized message using the optional 406Link testing subscription
- Global Coverage using the 3 satellite constellations of COSPAS-SARSAT, which sends your distress message directly to Search and Rescue agencies worldwide without the need for a rescue monitoring center
- A bright LED Strobe light as well as an Infrared Strobe light ensures multiple visual signals to rescuers
RESCUEME PLB1 Personal Locator Beacon - USA Programmed
- 7 Year Battery Life / 7 year warranty
- 24+ hour operational life
- Free to use, no subscription charges / Supplied with free flotation pouch
- High brightness strobe light >1 candela
- 66 channel GPS receiver / Unique mounting clip
McMurdo FAST FIND 220 Personal Locator Beacon (PLB) (45016)
- 406/121.5MHz plb
- Easy to operate
- No subscription needed
- High brightness LED SOS light
- Minimum 24hr continuous operation
ACR GLOBALFIX V4 and ResQLink 400 Survival Kit with EPIRB, Personal Locator Beacon, Ditch Bag, and Safety Gear
- GlobalFIX V4 GPS EPIRB with Manual Bracket (Category 2)
- ResQLink 400 Personal Locator Beacon
- Firefly PRO Waterbug and HemiLight3 Rescue Strobe Lights
- Signal Mirror with Res-Q Whistle
- RapidDitch Express buoyant ditch bag
Artex Personal Locator Beacon
- 406 MHz Distress Signal - Sent Directly to Search and Rescue Authorities Worldwide
- 66 Channel GPS Receiver Pin-points your location
- 121.5 MHz Homing Signal - Allows Search and Rescue to zero in on your location as they get close to your location.
- LED Strobe Light
- No Subscription Fees Required - PLBs work on Government Search and Rescue Satellites so no annoying monthly or annual fees.
acr ResQLink View & ResQFlare Survival Kit (2361) - Personal Locator Beacon & USCG Approved Replacement for Pyrotechnic Flares
- ResQLink View Personal Locator Beacon
- ResQFlare Electronic Distress Flare
- C-Strobe H2O Rescue Light
- Signal Mirror with USCG Res-Q Whistle
- RapidDitch Dry Bag
Sea Kayaker's More Deep Trouble
|Number Of Pages||337|
acr C-Light H2O, LED PFD Vest Light with Clip, Velcro Strap, Water-Activated, USCG, Solas w/o Batteries Card
- Marine Safety | Safety Lights
ZOLEO Satellite Communicator – Two-Way Global SMS Text Messenger & Email, Emergency SOS Alerting, Check-in & GPS Location – Android iOS Smartphone Accessory
- ZOLEO GLOBAL TWO-WAY SATELLITE COMMUNICATOR: Rugged, GPS location-aware and Iridium satellite based, the ZOLEO device links with the free ZOLEO app on your smartphone or tablet to keep you connected when outside cell coverage. Monthly subscription required: $20, $35 or $50 (25, 250 or unlimited satellite messages) with cellular, Wi-Fi and SOS messaging included. After the initial 3-month commitment, suspend for just $4/mo. Plans currently available in USA, Canada, Australia, but work globally.
- ✉️GLOBAL MESSAGING AS IT WAS MEANT TO BE: Only ZOLEO extends your messaging coverage to everywhere on earth transmitting over the lowest cost network available (satellite, cellular or Wi-Fi). ZOLEO offers a familiar text messaging experience to and from any SMS text number, email address or another ZOLEO app user. By taking advantage of cellular or Wi-Fi when available and the Iridium network (a truly global satellite network) when it isn’t, only ZOLEO offers seamless coverage wherever you go!
- DEDICATED SMS PHONE NUMBER & EMAIL ADDRESS: Your ZOLEO device includes a dedicated US SMS text number and email address that you can share with contacts that you want to remain accessible to, and that they’ll recognize when you message them. Contacts can send messages directly to your SMS number, email address or via the free ZOLEO app. It’s that simple!
- EMERGENCY SOS & MORE: If something goes wrong, declaring an SOS ensures your SOS alert and GPS coordinates are sent to GEOS, our 24/7 emergency monitoring and dispatch partner. Other safety features include check-in to let others know you’re OK (using built-in device button or the ZOLEO app) and the ability to add your GPS coordinates to any message. Location Share+ (add-on at $6/mo) allows for automatic location sharing at a selected interval including a breadcrumb trail viewable in a map.
- RUGGED AND BUILT TO WORK FOR DAYS: Long-lasting battery life – 200+ hours or 8+ days checking messages every 12 minutes (Lithium-ion battery). Lightweight (5.3 oz) and compact (3.58 x 2.6 x 1.06 in), the ZOLEO device is rugged with MIL-STD 810G shock-resistance, and superior dust- and water- resistance (IP68). Power input – Micro-USB Type B with a charging time of 2 hours. Operating temperature – -4°F to 131°F.
Top personal locator beacon for hiking brands
One of the things we suggest to most of our readers is to buy the personal locator beacon for hiking from a well-known brand. Good brands provide, good quality products, great customer support, and have service centers in different places around the country. Regarding the personal locator beacon for hiking I have a preference for the products of the brands listed below.
Best personal locator beacon for hiking – Buyer’s Guide 2021
There are some things you should consider when buying a personal locator beacon for hiking. We spent 22 hours researching the most important things you should consider when buying a personal locator beacon for hiking. So should we start with the list of things you should consider?
1. Budget and price matching
Make a list of the things you want in your personal locator beacon for hiking and the price you are willing to pay for it. So try to look for a product in that price range and choose the one that appeals to you the most. One tip we would like to give you is: don’t settle for a cheaper product if it doesn’t even have a function you need.
Most personal locator beacon for hikings fall within the price range of $ 314.95 to $ 425.95. Therefore, if budget is not a problem and you want the best product for your needs, we advise you to choose the acr ResQLink 400 – SOS Personal Locator Beacon with GPS (Model: PLB-400) 2921.
If you want something medium range, choose McMurdo FAST FIND 220 Personal Locator Beacon (PLB) (45016). If you have a very low budget, you can choose the one that is the acr ResQLink View & ResQFlare Survival Kit (2361) – Personal Locator Beacon & USCG Approved Replacement for Pyrotechnic Flares
2. Does it have all the features you need?
Most importantly, the personal locator beacon for hiking you are purchasing should have all the features you are looking for. In case you don’t even have one, don’t buy! We are saying this because you will not be able to use it for that purpose. If you are a person without budget problems, I would suggest you to choose the best model which is acr ResQLink View & ResQFlare Survival Kit (2361) – Personal Locator Beacon & USCG Approved Replacement for Pyrotechnic Flares
3. The brand
Buying the personal locator beacon for hiking from a reputable brand can actually make sense. Not only will it be better than others in terms of “build quality”, but it will also have some extra features, better customer support. Famous brands have multiple service centers across the country, so if you have any problems you can simply take your personal locator beacon for hiking to one of their service centers.
4. Warranty Matters!
When you buy a personal locator beacon for hiking from a well-known brand, you will get a guarantee. Low-cost products also come with warranties, but the claim process could be tougher. That’s why I always suggest you buy the product from a reputed brand and the one that comes under warranty. It will save you from repair costs in the future. On average, around 21% of people end up paying 40% of the product price for the service! You can save on service costs if the product is under warranty!
5. Check out our website
On our website we have experts in all categories and no matter what the product is, we have a better review or list about it. The products on our list are based on expert picks, advice and hours of research. That’s why when you buy something that’s listed on our best list, you won’t regret it. However, there is a possibility that we may not have covered the product you might be interested in, but if you come across something like this, please let us know via comments or contact us.
What is the best personal locator beacon for hiking?
The best personal locator beacon for hiking is the one that has all the features that meet your needs. I think the best is acr ResQLink 400 – SOS Personal Locator Beacon with GPS (Model: PLB-400) 2921
Are there any good deals on personal locator beacon for hiking?
In the offline market, you won’t find many offers. However, I have chosen the best personal locator beacon for hiking and have added links to Amazon which has deals and deals running on a regular basis.
What is the cheapest personal locator beacon for hiking?
Although most of the cheaper personal locator beacon for hiking do not have many features, but if you are looking for the best one at a low cost, my best bet would be on acr ResQLink View & ResQFlare Survival Kit (2361) – Personal Locator Beacon & USCG Approved Replacement for Pyrotechnic Flares
Where can I buy the personal locator beacon for hiking?
There are several places where you can buy it, but in my opinion, when it comes to the online marketplace, I wouldn’t recommend anything other than Amazon. It’s because their service is great!
Why should you trust our website?
We have been in the review business for more than 15 years and our motive is to help people buy the top rated products at the best price. We went through 22 to help you find the best personal locator beacon for hiking
We hope you liked the personal locator beacon for hikings that we have listed in our best list. If it was helpful, bookmark our site and share it with people you know whenever they intend to buy something.
To conclude this guide,